KubeVela project is initialized and maintained by the cloud native community since day 0 with bootstrapping contributors from 8+ different organizations. We intend for KubeVela to have an open governance since the very beginning and donate the project to neutral foundation as soon as it's released.
To help us create a safe and positive community experience for all, we require all participants adhere to the CNCF Community Code of Conduct.
This document is a guide to help you through the process of contributing to KubeVela.
Become a contributor
You can contribute to KubeVela in several ways including code and non-code contributions, we appreciate every effort you contribute to the community. Here are some examples:
- Contribute to the codebase and docs.
- Report and triage issues.
- Organize meetups and user groups in your local area.
- Help others by answering questions about KubeVela.
The Apache way says "Community Over Code". Although KubeVela is a CNCF/Linux project, we possess a strong resonance to it. To second and stretch this merit deeper, we regard non-coding contribution as equally important with code contribution for the community's very existence and its future growth.
- Refer to Non-code Contribution Guide to know how you could help.
Unsure where to begin contributing to KubeVela codebase? Start by browsing issues labeled
good first issue or
- Good first issue issues are generally straightforward to complete.
- Help wanted issues are problems we would like the community to help us with regardless of complexity.
- Refer to Code Contribution Guide for more details.
Learn the Release Process And Cadence to know when your code changes will be released.
Become a community member
If you're interested to become a community member or learn more about the governance, please check the community membership for details.
Contribute Addons and related projects
Enjoy coding and collaboration in OSS world!